This has been an exciting start of the year for web developers. Several products were launched for the Microsoft Web technology stack .. very cool & exciting ways to do the web better. Check out this post from the Gu (here) on a recap of all the new products launched & also for some hands-on.
So, about two weeks back, I did a couple of sessions for my Sogeti colleagues & client on what’s new in ASP.NET MVC3 & WebMatrix. There was great audience participation during the demos, indicating how nice & fun web development is shaping up to be with the MVC paradigm and the new tools.
We covered topics as follows:
- State of the ASP.NET world
- MVC3 Intro
- Razor View Engine & its syntax
- What’s new in Models, Views & Controllers
- ViewBag & HTML Helpers
- Layouts & convention over configuration
- Action Filters & Caching
- Server, client & remote validations
- Introduction to WebMatrix & uses
- Templates & Open Source integration
- SEO & ease of publishing
- Blogging with social media integration