Last Tuesday, Aug 30th, I had the wonderful opportunity to head up a little north to Findlay OH and talk about Windows Phone development at the Findlay Area .NET User Group (http://www.fanug.org/). Thanks a bunch to @FANUG leader Brian Cobb (@brianjcobb) for having me over.
I thought we had very nice turn-out and hopefully I was able to get folks somewhat excited about Windows Phone & developing for it. We started out with some basics of why & where we are at with the Windows Phone platform and moved on to some demos. In retrospect though, since not many people had done Windows Phone development before, may be it would have been better to show some more basic stuff about Project templates & toolsets; guess something for me to learn & keep in mind. After the meeting, we headed out for the customary drinks at a local sports bar & had wonderful conversations over how the MSFT Surface should change the world etc. 🙂 In all, a great experience with a wonderful group of developers, with logistics working out perfectly. Thanks @FANUG!
My slides for the day can be found here.
Also, below are some useful links if you are looking to get started with Windows Phone Development:
- Commercial home of Windows Phone is here. Learn about the phone, features, carriers, devices & upgrades.
- For the Windows Phone Development SDK, head over here. The App Hub is also the one-stop portal for signing up with MarketPlace Registration & application submissions. It has a large number of links to very important resources & also an active forum for Windows Phone Developers.
- Developer Resources on App Hub here.
- Windows Phone Team Blog is here .. tons of news & great articles.
- What is Mango & resources for developers here.
- Lots of Windows Phone code samples can be found here.
- Want to look around Windows Azure? Start here for a free trial or here to activate your Azure benefits from MSDN.
- Home for OData is here .. learn about the technology, producers, consumers & SDK.
Thanks to everybody who attended. I hope to be in Findlay again sometime soon.